I look into those eyes;
The eyes I used to lose my whole self in.
And I do not know them anymore,
The window to your soul has been closed to me.
I'm too tired and too busy to ask why anymore,
The tears I first cried when I learned this fact have dried.
That part of my heart, even my soul, that I swore would be yours forever
Even that, I am now able to fill with other things.
I've slowly learned to sleep again, sometimes dream of you still haunt my subconscious though.
I can now eat without my stomach revolting from the pain;
I am able to walk through the places we used to walk together.
And go through my life now without the blinding pain without you and the dark cloud of loneliness around me.
So now, I look into your eyes again;
And feel - nothing.
No more happiness, no more longing, no more pain.
It was good to see you again.
But now...you're a stranger on the street to me.
Even the memories are fading with Time.
As I look into those sea gray eyes;
All I see, is someone I'd like to get to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment