Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Funeral of You, Death of Us

All the years,
All the memories made.
Where have they brought us?

Here.
To this place.
In this time.

This place...of neverending pain and undying love.
Looking back I am not at all sure how we arrived here.
I do know that it was never just one thing, one incident, one drama.
Just all the little moments, little annoyances, the little disagreements
That piled up, into this mess I don't think we can get over.

You made your choices.
I made my decisions.
We appear to be, at this point in time, destined to walk opposite roads.

I do not regret your choices or my decisions.
We took the right roads for us.
But the pain is still painful.

So here I stand, watching you.
I see you pursuing your dreams.
It makes me happy, to see you happy.
I also see you struggling though.
I see through your lies.
It makes me sad,
I fear...that your choices will lead to your funeral.

These choices of yours give you measures of happiness and brief glimpses of pleasure.
My decisions give me some as well.
The way that we started slipping apart...hurts.
All those years of memories are bittersweet now.
The taste of your betrayal lings on my tongue.

As I watch this death of us, I have no regrets.
We made our decisions & choices, we WILL live with them.
There is so many things I still have to tell you.
But I can't.
It has to all be okay.

Watching the funeral of you and the death of us,
I can feel only peace.
This is the way it has to be.

No comments: